Thebastidge: Nothing ever really dies...
  • Cascade Policy Inst.
  • Evergreen Freedom Foundation
  • Free State Project
  • Seastead Institute
  • Open Carry.Org
  • No Nonsense
  • TDA Training
  • Believe it
  • -->

    ********************Southwest Washington Surplus, your prepping supply store********************

    Thursday, April 03, 2008

    Nothing ever really dies...

    ... on the Internet.

    A friend just sent me an email I sent to him, in what was either late 98 or early 99:

    So here I am, groggily typing as I awake from yet another afternoon nap, which, as always, I was not going to take.

    I think I'll do some laundry....

    (we return to our hero as....)

    I'm thinking about my homework for tomorrow. Presentation on special purpose electronic devices. Whoo hoo! Pretty heady stuff. I'm surprised they let us talk about these things in mixed company. All in all I'd rather be (pause for turkey and cheese on whole wheat hoagie, with dijon mustard, kosher dill pickle and a pepsi) playing my bass, but if I start then I won't get around to my homework, which I'm putting off even now.

    Damn, I love mustard.

    Got my phone bill today, was surprised how much it was, given that I rarely call anyone. Hmm, of course that's my first bill here, and includes part of the connection fee, I guess it's not all that bad after all. The phone company, insurance, cable tv, they're all communists, out to destroy the American way of life anyway...

    Felt pretty patriotic for a second there, but it's over, I don't think it caused any permanent damage. Whoo! that was almost scary. Worked up a little frothing at the mouth action.

    About a week ago, I bought Jackie Chan's biography. Wow, that guy is (expletive deleted) insane! I love it! I tore through that book in about half a day, it was so intense. Can't wait for his next movie.

    Finally found a place where I could get some Korean food. The food was so-so, but the old lady running the place was too cool. When I spoke Korean to her nephew, he told her and she came out of the kitchen to chat. They had told the other customers (it was almost closing time) that they were out of rice, but they made a new batch for me. I had to laugh. When I asked about buying kimchi (I know, I'm sick and perverse like that) at the oriental market next door, she gave a "to go" burger container full of it. Unfortunately, I wasn't going straight home, and chucked it at the next garbage can. I didn' have the heart to tell her I couldn't take it, but leaving an open kimchi container in my car for 3-4 hours? Even I'm not that much of a glutton for punishment.

    I really need a bigger monitor.

    I may go to New Orleans again this weekend. My friend Dan and I have been talking about it, and I know if I don't go as often as I can while I'm here, I'll regret it.

    Well, I guess I should get off this demon machine, with its soul-destroying addictive powers, and do something productive.

    Remember to write me, I need my fix (slapping arm to make vein pop) I gotta have it!


    At the time I was attending the USAF's "Electronic Switching Systems and Computer Maintenance" course at Keesler AFB in lovely Biloxi MS. Not much like "Biloxi Blues" at that point, though I hear that it took a few steps back towards that after Katrina.

    The more things change, the more they stay the same. I think I need a sandwich.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger A-6Dude said...

    Don't forget the mustard!

    5:55 PM  
    Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

    Mmm...Kimchi. Haven't bought that in quite a long time, but I'm working my way through a great big jar of kochujang. A hunk of microwaved boneless chicken breast, some flour tortillas, and thou.

    6:23 PM  
    Blogger Larry said...

    I was able to buy a big tub of kochujang from kgrocer.com, along with a few other necessities.

    2:54 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home