Thebastidge: BAG Day
  • Cascade Policy Inst.
  • Evergreen Freedom Foundation
  • Free State Project
  • Seastead Institute
  • Open Carry.Org
  • No Nonsense
  • TDA Training
  • Believe it
  • -->

    ********************Southwest Washington Surplus, your prepping supply store********************

    Wednesday, April 16, 2008

    BAG Day

    Fortunately, I have an automatic extension to file my taxes, because I haven't been able to do it yet. It's sort of complicated for me this year. And it makes me wince every time I look at the total I have paid.

    For my readers unfamiliar with the concept of BAG Day, it's a semi-official, semi-tongue-in-cheek reference to the April 15th tax deadline, being "Buy A Gun" day. Lest we forget, the American Revolution was spurred on largely by unfair taxation.

    I didn't BAG on April 15th this year, tho the one I most recently bought is just shipping about now. If I were home I certainly would have, I want an AR-15 and I'm researching it now, to build from components.

    Another concept you should all be familiar with, is Tax Freedom Day, which lands (Nationally) on April 23rd this year.

    If you've never thought about it before, don't worry, my local rag doesn't get it either. Even though we come in even later in Washington State than the national average.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home