Thebastidge: I should post more
  • Cascade Policy Inst.
  • Evergreen Freedom Foundation
  • Free State Project
  • Seastead Institute
  • Open Carry.Org
  • No Nonsense
  • TDA Training
  • Believe it
  • -->

    ********************Southwest Washington Surplus, your prepping supply store********************

    Monday, November 10, 2008

    I should post more

    I'm just trying to get through this last contract to the end of January without going completely bugnuts fucking crazy from boredom.

    I'm so sick of this place by now. Yes, there is progress. It's still frustrating how backwards it all is, and it will take at least a generation for many attitudes to change, if it is ever successful. That's not an indictment of the effort here, but of the power of cultural practices to keep even intelligent people down. Habit beats smarts any time.

    So I'm keeping my head down, prepping for going back to the domestic job market. I'm not really worried about it at all. I have paid attention to my career development. I get 3-4 unsoicited job offers/week. It's just a matter of making sure I get a job I LIKE when I go home, in an area I like.

    I'm severely disappointed in the election results. Not shocked, but disappointed. I never liked McCain, but he was the lesser of the two weevils. And I could always hope he'd pass on the baton to Palin either sooner or later, as despite the smear campaigns, I see a person to be respected in her. More than the 3 men we were presented with, clearly.

    Changed jobs, then changed back. That kept me busy for a while. At least the housing is better on the new/old job.

    Anyway. I'm still kicking.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home