Thebastidge: Gift suggestions
  • Cascade Policy Inst.
  • Evergreen Freedom Foundation
  • Free State Project
  • Seastead Institute
  • Open Carry.Org
  • No Nonsense
  • TDA Training
  • Believe it
  • -->

    ********************Southwest Washington Surplus, your prepping supply store********************

    Saturday, November 24, 2007

    Gift suggestions

    I'm a big fan of promoting self-reliance, independence, and competence. No better time to start than with kids.

    I've bought the following books for my nieces and nehpews:

    "The Daring Book for Girls"
    Andrea J. Buchanan

    "How To Be The Best At Everything (The Girls' Book)"
    Juliana Foster

    "American Girls Handy Book: How to Amuse Yourself and Others (Nonpareil Books)"
    Lina Beard

    "The Boy Mechanic: 200 Classic Things to Build"

    "211 Things a Bright Boy Can Do"
    Tom Cutler

    "The Dangerous Book for Boys"
    Conn Iggulden

    "The Boys' Book: How to Be the Best at Everything"

    This kind of learning doesn't stop at childhood though, I try to learn something new, and encourage others to do so, all the time. I also encourage people to seek out experiences which will boost their competence and confidence.

    To that end, any suggestions on Christmas gifts?

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Kevin said...

    I'll be buying the dangerous book for boys for my son this Xmas, I reckon...

    6:45 AM  
    Blogger Larry said...

    I don't think you can go wrong with that one, Kevin... My nephew also really liked the "Best at Everything" book. Something about learning how to take your boxers off without taking your pants off first really struck his fancy. Don't think he's quite aware of other possible significance to that act yet, just thinks it's cool, lol.

    12:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home