Thebastidge: Curing the evils of capitalism
  • Cascade Policy Inst.
  • Evergreen Freedom Foundation
  • Free State Project
  • Seastead Institute
  • Open Carry.Org
  • No Nonsense
  • TDA Training
  • Believe it
  • -->

    ********************Southwest Washington Surplus, your prepping supply store********************

    Wednesday, November 19, 2008

    Curing the evils of capitalism

    One acronym at a time- or is it all together?

    Well, there are certainly less willing capitalists right now. I thought an Obama presidency meant re-distributing wealth, not destroying it completely.

    My investments are definitely not making me happy at the moment. It's a good thing I'm in it for the long haul. Now hopefully, BHO doesn't pull an FDR and FUBAR us all for as long as the New Deal did. Because the DOW is hurting, NASDAQ is sick, and my IRA is halved. Tons of green sitting on the sidelines like a frog waiting to see which way to jump, while the water in the pond evaporates.

    People! Nothing has fundamentally changed. Some bad risks bit some companies. It's not like the fundamental nature of the transactions have changed. People still need houses, they still drive cars. Oil has come down by 2/3rds from its ridiculous high. We're drawing down resources and expenses in Iraq. Many economic sectors are still doing well, and this quarter we're in will probably be the first to post an actual downturn in the whole economy (if it even does that) regardless of the long-threatened recession which has so far failed to appear. Not to say the economy hasn't slowed a bit. But a recession has a meaning. And we haven't seen it yet.

    I'm putting my money where my loyalty lies (and my best bet to get a good deal for myself. My, isn't enlightened self-interest grand?). I put all my spare cash into the stock market in the last couple weeks. While I wince when I look at it and wish I might have timed the plunge to the bottom just a bit better, in the end, I am supremely confident in the American economy's ability to reward me.

    Sure, it's a gamble, but then I could be hit by a mortar tomorrow, couldn't I?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home